Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Tim cook discovers iPhone in portray from 1670 - The next internet

This morning I attended an interview with Apple CEO Tim cook dinner at Startup Fest Europe in Amsterdam. Tim cook pointed out lots of things, which we all already knew, but he additionally all started off with an enchanting anecdote, which is cute adequate to share with you.

Tim changed into being accompanied with the aid of the previous European Commissioner for Digital Agenda Neelie Kroes to the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam the evening before. As Neelie Kroes told the story:

So. an awful lot. Tech.

one of the crucial greatest names in tech are coming to TNW convention in Amsterdam this may additionally.

"At one element Tim rushes over and tells me 'Come take a look, I found a portray with an iPhone on it!' So he takes my arm and shows me a Rembrandt with a person reputedly maintaining an iPhone…"

Tim prepare dinner accomplished the story, asserting "I always thought I knew when the iPhone became invented, however now I'm not so sure anymore."

Then Neelie showed the viewers a photograph she took with her iPhone, which turned into blurry, and even Tim prepare dinner had to admit you couldn't basically see it on the display, which made the story less cool.

however I figured I'd go home and discover that painting real short. I browsed to the Rijksmuseum site and entered 'Rembrandt' and hit 'Search.'

After going through 2304 Rembrandts (spread over 192 pages), i will be able to now confirm it wasn't a Rembrandt.

i stopped up doing a picture search for my image of off a screen displaying the photograph:

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 20.50.48

And that's how I found it wasn't a Rembrandt at all. It became a Pieter de Hooch, painted in 1670, titled 'Man Handing a Letter to a girl in the Entrance hall of a house'.

study that title once more and now appear on the portray:

SK-C-147

As which you can see there are a couple of things incorrect with that title. I'm relatively bound guys weren't wearing skirts and excessive heels in that point, and that isn't a letter however an iPhone 6 gold.

My bet is she's capturing a video. doubtless Snapchat. What do you feel?

  • Contact Mail Tweet
  • location Amsterdam, NL
  • Posts 1803
  • Posts / mo. 17.48
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment